The following are the core beliefs of Calvary Corvallis based on the foundational truths taught in the Bible. All of our teaching and ministry is rooted in and flows out of these biblical doctrines.
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, inerrant, infallible, and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one God who eternally exists in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, the second person of the Holy Trinity, was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died a sacrificial death for the sins of the world, rose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, and is coming again to judge the living and the dead and to establish God’s kingdom of righteousness and peace on the earth.
- We believe in the depravity of man. Man in his essential being is sinful and incapable of meriting God’s favor.
- We believe that salvation is by grace, through faith alone in the Person and finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross.
- We believe in the sovereignty of God and the free will of man.
- We believe in the perpetuity of the gifts of the Holy Spirit and that the gifts of the Spirit are for the church today.
- We believe that the Church exists to worship God, edify itself in love, and to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost world.
- We believe in the sufficiency of the Scriptures and the Holy Spirit to supply us with all things that pertain to life and godliness.
- We believe in the pre-millennial return of Jesus Christ who will establish His physical Kingdom on earth.