Authentic Community. Transformed Believers.
The mission of Calvary Corvallis is the same mission Jesus gave his followers: Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. We envision a community of authentic believers empowered to witness our city. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, we envision our city transformed by the life-changing reality of the gospel, as people come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
What We Value
Rooted in Biblical doctrine, we believe:
- The Bible to be the only inspired, inerrant, infallible, and authoritative Word of God.
- There is one God who eternally exists in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ, the second person of the Holy Trinity, was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died a sacrificial death for the sins of the world, rose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, and is coming again to judge the living and the dead and to establish God’s kingdom of righteousness and peace on the earth.
- Man is depraved. Man in his essential being is sinful and incapable of meriting God’s favor.
- Salvation is by grace, through faith alone in the Person and finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross.
- God is fully sovereign and man possesses free will.
- The gifts of the Holy Spirit are ongoing and the gifts of the Spirit are for the church today.
- The Church exists to worship God, edify itself in love, and to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost world.
- The Scriptures are sufficient and the Holy Spirit supplies us with all things that pertain to life and godliness.
- The return of Jesus Christ is pre-millennial, in which he will establish His physical Kingdom on earth.